The SCC library just added 3174 titles to the ebook collection, bringing the total number of ebooks in the library catalog to over 18,000. These run the gamut of disciplines, with lots of scholarly titles. Browse the list and see for yourself. The list is sorted by call number, but call numbers correspond to subjects. Find call numbers for your subjects.
A few notes about these ebooks:
- Access ebooks from home 24/7, just like the subscription databases.
- Search for e-books using the LOIS catalog. A LOIS search will also bring up older ebooks.
- Watch our video to see how to limit your LOIS search to e-books.
- Update your web browser and Adobe Reader for best viewing.
- Ebooks are generally read online, although you can print a limited number of pages at a time, per publisher restrictions.
- If you get a “not available” message, just wait a bit till another user takes a break and closes the ebook.
Kindle and its cousins offer a different kind of ebook experience, as well as content more suited for entertainment. We’ve got a Reader article on that.. Several recent magazine articles cover the handhelds; here’s one from Academic Search Premier (library database). If you have one, bring it to the library to show it off!