Many students struggle with writing. The SCC Writing Center can help with one hour workshops on everything from brainstorming and planning to editing and revising. Workshops also cover grammar, punctuation, and timed writing. Visit the Writing Center in LR 144 or call 558-2126 for more information or to schedule a workshop for your class!
Here’s the schedule for October ~ Watch for monthly updates.
- Subordinate Clauses ~ Monday, October 3, 2 p.m., LR 318
- APA Citation ~ Wednesday, October 5, 11 a.m., LR 141
- MLA Citation ~ Thursday, October 6, 2 p.m., LR 318
- Comma Rules and Usage ~ Monday, October 10, 10 a.m., LR 318
- Ability to Benefit Test (ATB): Reading and Writing ~ Tuesday, October 11, 2 p.m., LR 318
- Getting Started ~ Wednesday, October 12, 11 a.m., LR 141
- Creating a Thesis Statement ~ Thursday, October 13, 2 p.m., LR 318
- Organizing Your Paragraphs ~ Monday, October 17, 10 a.m., LR 318
- Organizing Your Paper ~ Wednesday, October 19, 11 a.m., LR 141
- Practical Punctuation: Apostrophes, Semi-colons, & Colons ~ Wednesday, October 26, 11 a.m., LR 141
- Comma Rules and Usage ~ Thursday, October 27, 10 a.m., LR 318