For the first time ever, actors will perform readings of August Wilson’s ten plays on African American life in the 20th century in a venue that streams the shows live. Join us to watch the webcasts from New York Public Radio’s performance venue, The Greene Space:
All live streams begin at 7:00 pm EST on http://www.thegreenespace.org. For extra, matinee performances of two of the plays, see listing below:
- Monday, Aug 26 – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
- Wednesday, Aug 28 – Fences
- Wednesday, Sept 4 – Joe Turner’s Come and Gone
- Monday, Sept 9 – The Piano Lesson
- Wednesday, Sept 11 – Two Trains Running
- Friday, Sept 13 – Seven Guitars
- Monday, Sept 16 – Jitney
- Saturday, Sept 21 – King Hedley II (2:00 pm performance)
- Saturday, Sept 21 – King Hedley II
- Tuesday, Sept 24 – Gem of the Ocean
- Saturday, Sept 28 – Radio Golf (2:00 pm performance)
- Saturday, Sept 28 – Radio Golf
The readings feature award-winning actors reprising roles they’ve performed on stage. Thank you, New York Public Radio, for webcasting these literary jewels live and for working with us to notify Gleeditions.
Duration per show: 2 hrs. 45 min. with 15 min. intermission.